The Influence of Student Engagement Towards Learning Achievement of Creative Industry Telkom University Bandung

  • Sofah Tuljannah Student
Keywords: Student Engagement, Learning Achievement, Student

Abstract

Education is a factor in building quality human resources. Student engagement in a university is important, because if student engagement is increased, the achievement of learning is increasing as well as, when the student engagement experiences a decline Learning was declining. This research aims to find out an influence of student engagement on student Faculty of Creative Industries Universitas Telkom Bandung with total population of 3033 active students with samples 354 from the calculation result using the formula Slovin. The method used is a survey with the incidental sampling technique, this research data using simple linear regression tests, the results gained on this research show that student Engagement has no significant effect on the study achievement in active students of the faculty of Creative Industries of Telkom University of Bandung. These results have been proven based on the H0 accepted hypothesis and H1 rejected that the student engagement has no significant influence on the learning achievement with a percentage of 0.1%, and the remaining 99.9% can be caused by other factors not examined in this study

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

References

Alamanda, D. T., Anggadwita, G., Ramdhani, A., Putri, M. K., & Susilawati, W. (2019). Kahoot! A Game-Based Learning Tool as an Effective Medium to Improve Student’s Achievement in Rural Areas in Opening Up Education for Inclusively Across Digital Economics and Societies. IGI Global, 18. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-5225-7473-6.ch010
Arifin, A. L. (2019). The Secret to Millennial engagement (1nd ed) pe). Jakarta: PT Gramedia.
Barkley, & Elizabeth, F. (2010). Student Engagement Techniques (1nd ed.). 1nd ed. San Fransisco, United States Of America: Jossey-Bass.
Coates, & Hamish. (2006). Student engagement in campus (1nd ed.). New York: Routledge.
Fredrick, A. J., Blumenfeld, P., & Paris, H. A. (2004). School Engagement: Potential of the Concept, State of the Evidence. The Educational Research, 74, 59–109. https://doi.org/10.3102/00346543074001059
Gunadi, C. L., & Gunawan, W. (2014). Hubungan Motivasi Akademik Dengan Prestasi Belajar Siswa Sma ‘X’ Di Jakarta Barat. Neotic Psikology, 2(3), 1–11. Retrieved from https://ejournal.undiksha.ac.id/index.php/IJEE/article/view/15958/9515.
Herlina, V. (2019). Panduan praktis mengolah data kuesioner menggunakan SPSS (1nd ed.). Jakarta: PT Gramedia.
Husamah, Pantiwati, Y., Restian, A., & Suamrsono, P. (2018). Belajar & Pembelajaran (1nd ed.). Malang: Ummpress.
Mabun, S. M. (2018). Psikologi Pendidikan (1nd ed.). Ponogoro: Uwais Inpirasi Indonesia.
National Academy. (2004). Engaging Schools. Washiston DC: United States of America.
Pratiwi, N. K. (2015). Pengaruh Tingkat Pendidikan, Perhatian Orang Tua, Dan Minat Belajar Siswa Terhadap Prestasi Belajar Bahasa Indonesia Siswa Smk Kesehatan Di Kota Tangerang. Pujangga, 1(2), 6–12. Retrieved from http://journal.unas.ac.id/pujangga/article/view/320
Slameto, D. (2015). Belajar dan faktor-faktor yang mempengaruhi (Edisi Ke-1. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Suardi, M. (2018). Belajar & Pembelajaran (1nd ed.). Yogyakarta: Deepublish.
Susanto, A. (2016). Teori belajar & Pembelajaran (4nd ed.). Jakarta: Prenadamedia.
Susilawati, W., Alamanda, D. T., Mustaqim, Z. R., & A. (2019). Finding the Recipe to Improve the Enrolment Rate of Higher Education Institution (HEI) in Garut Regency, Indonesia. Review of Integrative Business and Economics Research, 8(s4), 264–274.
Utami, A. D., & Kusdiyati, S. (2015). Hubungan antara student engagement dengan prestasi belajar pada siswa kelas XI di Pesantren Persatuan Islam No 1 Bandung. Prosiding Psikologi, 1(2), 88–94.
Wardiah, M. L. (2016). Teori Perilaku dan Budaya Organisasi (1nd ed.). Bandung: CV Pustaka Setia.
Published
2020-03-26
How to Cite
Tuljannah, S. (2020, March 26). The Influence of Student Engagement Towards Learning Achievement of Creative Industry Telkom University Bandung. Jurnal Ilmu Sosial Politik Dan Humaniora, 3(1), 33-41. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.36624/jisora.v3i1.53
Abstract viewed = 6 times
PDF downloaded = 19 times